Thursday 24 September 2015

Welcome!

I am Samia Sharif and this is my math blog for EDBE 8P29 Math Part 1 course. I am teacher J/I teacher candidate at Brock University. I finished my bachelors degree in Honours Science- Geology specialization. So yes, I am a Geologist. I want to share my passion for science and inspire the creative minds of the young generation. Hence, I chose to become a teacher and I am looking forward to graduate in 2017.

In this blog I will be posting my weekly reflections and how I am growing in acquiring math skills to be able to teach. I have had a love/hate relationship with math. It was always fluctuating between the two until I went to high school and then to university to finish my B.Sc. degree. That was when I got confident about my math skills. I want to make math easy for my students. I want every student to feel like they can do math and love doing it just the way I do or even more. I hope this course can help me achieve my goal. I also want to be an accessible math teacher where students can always rely on me to become more confident.

And here is me!



And this is my avatar version:


Looks like me right?

I am looking forward to posting my reflections of what I learn in my teaching math class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment